How to Start a Construction Business in Ontario
With the current demand for skilled workers in Canada growing each year, it’s not difficult to see why more people want to pursue a career in trades. But with over 140 different types of trades to choose from, you might run into decision fatigue sooner than you think. Don’t worry though! We’re here to help.One path you should consider taking is a home renovations course to jumpstart your future as a skilled tradesperson. Trades related to home improvement are extremely versatile, and it’s safe to say that you’ll find a lot of success and stable work in the construction industry.But why should you choose to take this route? What can you expect when you study home renovations basics? Keep reading to find out!
Break Into a Multi-Billion Dollar Industry With Home Renovation
The construction industry offers a secure work environment with reliable income for tradespeople. This year alone there were over 250 major infrastructure projects under development in the country, valued at millions of dollars, and over 95,000 job openings were recorded. Construction is a multi-billion-dollar industry; one that drives major economic growth in Canada.This is why learning home renovation basics can take you far in the construction industry. The essential skills needed to be successful in this trade are taught in a home renovation course—from replacing floors and fixing kitchen cabinets, to adding electrical systems and repairing plumbing systems.
What to Expect in a Home Renovation Course
Owning a property is a major investment, whether you’re buying for yourself or looking to sell a fixer-upper. In order to make a profit from any investment, it must be kept in good condition, and homes are no exception.This is where home renovation professionals step in. Maintaining a property is important and it’s one of the reasons why tradespeople are thriving in their chosen industries.Studying home renovation basics will teach trainees the essential skills they need to succeed in the trade industry. From masonry to rough-in plumbing, a reliable trades school will teach you relevant general construction work and everything in between.Undergoing an apprenticeship will not only hone your expertise in home renovation, but you’ll also receive payment from an employer. Think of it as paid on-the-job training, with 80% of your time spent training with an employer on a project site, and the remaining 20% spent in a classroom. Essentially, you earn while you learn!
Why Should You Consider a Career in Trades?
Tradespeople (literally) build, operate, and maintain the country’s infrastructure. They’re respected because of the major role they play in Canada’s economy. This also means that skilled trades workers are in demand not just in the country but all over the world.Experts also foresee an increase in demand for skilled workers since current tradespeople are close to retirement. This, coinciding with the huge boom in the construction industry, will create a gap in the economy if those skilled workers are not replaced. It also means that the trade industry will only grow from here and provide an abundance of jobs ready to accept everyone—especially young people straight out of high school.
Shape Your Future With Skilled Trades College of Canada
Taking the Intro to Home Renovation Program at the Skilled Trades College of Canada will teach you how to use crucial tools and technical expertise to succeed in the trades industry.Apprentices will learn the basics of framing, vapour barrier, drywall, insulation, and so much more!The Home Renovation Course at Skilled Trades College of Canada focuses on safety knowledge and hands-on experience through simulated work environments. With over 1,000 graduates, STC fully prepares all students for a career in trades.Need more information about our programs? Call us today!